• Office Hours: Mon, Tues, Thurs 8am-5pm; Wed 8:00am - 6:00pm; Friday closed.
• Assessment/Tax Data
Property tax and assessment data is available online through Internet Services; or please send fax requests to 887-3823.
• Lots to do in Sparta: See all the events at www.spartachamber.com
• Burning permits If you have a blanket burning permit on file with Sparta Township, please call the Fire Dept. to activate it (887-0900), instead of the Township office.
• 2012 Summer Tax Bills will be mailed July 1. Payment is due by September 14. If you do not receive a bill, or qualify for a deferment, please contact us.
• August 7 Primary Election - Vote at Trinity Lutheran Church 7am - 8pm
Holiday hours: The office will be closed on Monday & Tuesday, Dec 24-25, and Tuesday, Jan 1. Normal hours are Monday & Tuesday 8:00-5:00, Wednesday 8:00-6:00, Thursday 8:00-5:00. Closed on Fridays (tax payments may be put in the drop box near our front door).
Sparta Community Recreational Complex The Township is purchasing property for a park with trails, restrooms, athletic fields and more. This is a joint project of Sparta Township, the Village of Sparta, and S.A.R.A. (a group of community members who formed the "Sparta Area Recreation Association"). The millage proposal for the park development was narrowly defeated (2098 – 1729). The project will proceed at a slower rate, as funds are available. The Sparta Area Rec Assoc continues to work on fund-raising through grants and donations. Contact them at www.sara-sparta.org or 616-887-7570 to find out how you can help with this community project.
2012 Winter Tax Bills were mailed Dec 1. Payment is due by February 14. If you do not receive your bill, please contact us.
2013 Kent County Dog Licenses will be sold in the township office December 1 – March 1. Bring in the renewal postcard and proof of rabies shots.
Lots to do in Sparta: Shop Sparta Events, Visit Santa, Trolley Rides...
See all the events at www.spartachamber.com www.spartafair.com
Prior year news