Spotlight Newsletters: December 2009 December 2008 July 2008 December 2007
• Assessment/Tax Data
Assessment information for Sparta Township property is available here. Property tax and assessment data is also available online through Internet Services; or please send fax requests to 887-3823.
• A Zoning Permit is required for any construction, alteration, relocation, addition, etc. of any building or structure in Sparta Township, whether or not a building permit is needed. The fee is $25. If a zoning permit is not obtained prior to beginning work, a late fee of $100 will also be charged. Contact Dale Bergman, supervisor/zoning administrator, at (616) 887-8863.
• Primary Election: August 3, 2010
• General Election: November 2, 2010
• Lots to do in Sparta: Celtic Festival August 14; Apple Festival Sept 24-25
See all the events at www.spartachamber.com
• Office Hours: In the summer, we close at noon on Fridays. (If you want to activate your burning permit, call early or call the Fire Dept office 887-0900.)
• Town & Country Days 2010: July 14-18 www.spartafair.com
• Lots to do in Sparta: See all the events at www.spartachamber.com
• Free Historical Presentation: May 22, 2010 "Voices of a Never Ending Dream" Video showing & refreshments. True story of the World War I "Polar Bear" soldiers (some from Sparta) who were left in Russia after WWI ended. Saturday May 22, 2-5 pm. (documentary by Pamela Peak Productions, CA)
• Clean up Days: April 22-24, 2010 Residents may drop off trash at the Village Public Works Bldg (276 W Division St) on Thur & Fri 1-8:00 and Sat 9-3:00. Yard waste, rubbish, metal, batteries, appliances and up to 4 tires are okay; Liquids, paint, oil, hazardous or commercial wastes are not.
• Census 2010: Please return your census forms promptly. This count affects our federal & state funding and representation. To follow Sparta's return rate: www.2010.census.gov
• Important Note:
The Township office has been notified by the US Dept of State that passport application fees may be increasing this summer. We do not know exactly when. The total fee for age 16 and older will increase from $100 to $135; for under age 16 from $85 to $105.
Prior year news